Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pizza on the Grill (take 2... or 20?)

Our house may be the size of a matchbox, but there's one thing we have that no one else does - our very own treehouse!  We may not have a whole lot of privacy and yes, taking the dogs out and having to carry them down the stairs is not ideal, BUT on the positive side... there's something almost magical about sitting on the patio, completely surrounded by trees.  We hear the sound of birds chirping, squirrels foraging and Cicadas singing their mating song.  Our fan picks up the breeze and our string of lights provides just the right amount of light as the sun sets and the moon rises. 
Sitting on the patio, just JD and I and the dogs (with the cat looking on from her safe place in the house), is something that I look forward to every single night.
This summer night, we grilled pizzas.  We've had several of these nights... the best night being the night we used my sister-in-law, Erica's leftover homemade pizza dough!  (Christine, I promise to make my own soon!!  hahahaha)
JD had his usual, pepperoni and I had a marguerita pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment