Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stir fry

Unfortunately, this was not a favorite of Justin's - but I thought it was delicious!!  There was no meat and I used pappardelle noodles (wide noodles) and JD does not like any type of noodle that isn't spaghetti or especially angel hair.  We all have our quirks... I decided to finally be selfish though and go for the pappardelle, which had been sitting in my cabinet for about a year!! 

1 head broccoli - chopped
1/2 cup broccoli/carrot slaw
2 leeks - sliced
2 eggs - scrambled
3 green onions - sliced
1/2 cup cilantro - chopped
3 tbls butter
pappardelle noodles (not sure how much I used, but I think it was around 5 "nests")
Kung Pao stirfry sauce

Saute the first three ingredients until crisp tender.  Move the veggies around until you have a free space to crack the eggs into the pan.  Scramble the eggs and mix with the veggies.  Add the the butter and then the cooked noodles and the sauce and toss to mix.  Top with cilantro and green onions.  Super easy and really good!!  It tasted just like Pad Seew at Thai restaurants (my favorite!).

No comments:

Post a Comment