Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cous Cous Stuffed Peppers

Last night was leftover night!
On Friday night, I made veggie cous cous. I sauteed onions, garlic, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms (all diced) in a little bit of evoo and added some S&P and Italian seasonings.
On Saturday, we bought little peppers to stuff with cheese. I wanted to make a few "healthier", so I added shredded swiss cheese and a Mexican 4 cheese blend I had, as well as some minced roasted garlic, to the leftover cous cous and stuffed the little peppers with it.
This all leads up to leftover Monday! I bought one poblano pepper, cut out the top and cut the seeds away from it and dumped out the seeds, then stuffed the pepper with the above cheese/cous cous mixture, replaced the top, sprayed it with evoo and wrapped it in foil to bake at 425 degrees for about 30 min. It was very good and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment