Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mac n' goat cheese bites



My dear friend and super-mom, Tracey, makes these delicious macaroni and cheese bites and for my mom's birthday, I attempted to replicate.


My favorite macaroni and cheese recipe is Rachael Ray's Mac n' Goat Cheese.


In order to ensure that the pasta would hold together, I whisked one egg with some half and half, then added about a short log of goat cheese and whisked until smooth. I added the minced garlic to a pan and once golden brown, added the goat cheese mixture, then the tomatoes and wilted the spinach. Once the mini shells were cooked, I added to the cheese pot.


According to Tracey's instructions, I sprayed a mini-muffin pan with Pam , then coated each "cup" with grated parmesan cheese. I then filled each cup with the macaroni and cheese mixture and pressed down with a small juice cup and topped with fresh breadcrumbs and sprayed the tops with evoo. I baked for about 30 min. at 350 degrees.


Important: Do not attempt to un-mold until cooled for about 10-20 min. I made this mistake and was very discouraged until Tracey informed me of this little tip!

1 comment:

  1. These turned out beautiful! Hope they were worth the aggrevation!

    ReplyDelete