Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frittata & French Bread Casserole

Last Sunday we enjoyed Brunch with JD's family and I made a frittata and French Bread Casserole.

The frittata was pretty basic: I sauteed broccoli, shallot, garlic and peppers in a mixture of evoo and butter, then added a mixture of whisked eggs and half and half (season each step). Add shredded cheese (I used a mixture of swiss, fontina and "Italian blend") and cook until set up on the bottom and then place in oven at 375 degrees until cooked through (about 20-30 min.).

I also made Paula Deen's French Bread Casserole which was so sweet, it was almost like having dessert - for me, that makes a very happy brunch!

1 comment:

  1. Both dishes were delicious!! Thank you for posting your recipes Shelley, you make it sound so easy, but it's because you're a natural cook.
    "To eat and drink and find satisfaction in all your toil- this is a gift from God." ~Ecclesiastes 2:24

    ReplyDelete