Thursday, October 11, 2012

Brussel sprouts

Song of the day, Sidewalk Prophets, Help Me Find It

Moment of Beauty:


I grew up in a family that loathed brussel sprouts, so I just always assumed they must be gross.  My sister however left the nest and found new love in brussel sprouts and introduced them to me.  Still though, I was not convinced....
Reading one of my favorite blogs ohsheglows.com, I read that she roasted brussel sprouts with fingerling potatoes - my favorite potato!  So I thought "what the heck?  Might as well give them another try."
Much to my delight, my local grocery store actually had fingerling potatoes which is an everyday miracle on it's own, so I was definitely convinced that I was meant to make this dish.



Pretty blue potato


Sliced brussel sprouts, sliced fingerling potatoes (some I left whole they were so small) and asparagus tossed in evoo, s&p, 5 cloves of minced garlic and rosemary - roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.  Delicious!!  Definitely worth the second try!  JD even liked them.  Score!  :)


We were having a "pickies" night, so I threw together another little treat.  Storebought Naan with sliced pears, goat cheese, dried cranberries, pepper and a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar - Scrumptious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment