Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Splurge

Song of the day: Needtobreathe, Keep Your Eyes Open

Moment of beauty:

Food processors and I don't usually get along... I have broken every single one I've ever owned.  I think I overestimate what their capacity is and wind up jamming it or burning out the motor. 
So, I've given up... I have been working with little $5 food choppers for many years.  Amazingly, I've never broken any of those... I just wear them out.
Every recipe that calls for the use of a food processor becomes an annoying task... I have to break apart the amounts and "process" in 2 or 3 batches, rather than just dumping it all in like I see Ina Garten or Giada deLaurentis do on Food Network.  I always watched the simplicity and ease of use with jealous eyes.
Yesterday though, I really wanted to make a recipe for apple butter, but knew it would be a mission with my little chopper.  So I finally broke down and made a trip to the dreaded Walmart.
One panic attack and $69 later, I am now the owner of a fancy new food processor!!  It's GREAT!!  It comes with two bowls - a big one and a little one, a shredder/slicer and all parts are dishwasher safe.  Best part?  For $7, I bought a 2 year warranty, so if I break this bad boy, I'll get a new one for free!
Happy Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment