Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Frittata

Memorial day weekend started off on a great note!  My best friend, Michelle came over for brunch and we gabbed and got caught up and made lots of goodies!  The main "star" of our brunch was a frittata.  I love frittatas!  I'm usually very picky about my eggs... they have to be "well done" and if there isn't enough cheese, I usually won't eat it.  But when it comes to frittatas, I don't know what it is.  I can cut back on the cheese (and the calories!), add all of my leftover veggies and prepare an easy, healthy and delicious breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!).

Frittata

6 eggs
3 - 4 tbls milk (eye ball it)
s & p
sprinkle of smoked paprika
1/2 - 3/4 cup veggies - chopped (I used onion, garlic, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 tbls parsley - minced
1/2 tbls oregano - minced


Whisk eggs, milk, s&p and smoked paprika until well mixed.  In an oven proof pan, melt 1 tbls butter and 1 tbls evoo.  Saute veggies until softened and spread out in pan to make an even layer.  Pour the egg mixture over veggies and cook (do not stir it) until set up on the bottom and the sides.  Take pan and put it in the oven at 375 degrees and bake until completely set up and done - about 6-7 minutes. 


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment