Monday, May 21, 2012

Vegan Day #2

Vegan Day #2....
Started out very well and ended with a bang!  For breakfast I had a bagel and for lunch I had a veggie sub.  I had all of these leftover veggies, so I decided to make a veggie pizza for dinner!

Veggie Pizza
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup julienned red pepper
1/2 cup ground "meat" (I used the Gimme Lean soy sausage)
1 tomato sliced
6 basil leaves
1/2 cup marinara
1/4 cup Veggie Shreds
1/2 pizza dough (we bought the raw dough from Publix)

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place pizza stone in oven.  Let the stone heat up for about 15 - 30 min.  Roll dough out so it's very thin.  While stone is heating, saute veggies until al dente (still a little crisp) and set aside.  In the same pan, cook the faux meat until browned.  Season with salt and pepper. 
Place dough on hot pizza stone and spread marinara sauce over the top.  Place basil leaves down in a circular pattern over all of the dough, then place tomatoes in between basil leaves.  Add the sauteed veggies and then the faux meat.  Top with the "cheese" - Veggie Shreds.  Bake for 15 min.

As you can see by my picture, I technically only made 1/2 a pizza.  There was no way I was getting the hubbie to eat a vegan pizza.  So half was a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and the other half was completely vegan!  The joy of compromise in marriage.  :)

*Note:  we noticed that heating the stone first was very instrumental in getting the dough to be so crisp.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment