Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vegan Day #1

Meatless (and dairy products) Monday was a success!  There were a few times when I went to grab for some cheese and remembered... nope, that's not vegan.  All in all though, I was able to get through the day fairly easily.  Lunch time still seems to be a struggle though.  It's hard to find something vegetarian, much less vegan to eat at quick, take-out restaurants.  With that being said, I managed to make/buy the following meals:
Breakfast:  Cinnamon-raisin english muffin with spray butter
Lunch:  Two organic, handmade fig newtons and a veggie sub on wheat bread (no mayo or cheese) from Publix
Snack:  One organic, handmade fig newton
Dinner:  Veggie fajitas with sauteed onions, poblano pepper, red bell pepper, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, brocolli and cauliflower with some taco seasoning and nutritional yeast as my "cheese"; black beans (not canned); TVP with taco seasoning.  I just layered it all on two tortillas and gave them each a splash of lime juice.  It was delicious! 
Tonight I think I'll try my hand at making a "hamburger" with leftover TVP and black beans.....  Stay tuned to see how it turns out! 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment