Friday, May 25, 2012

Thursday Remix

After all my cooking this week, I knew this day would come.... a day when cooking feels like a chore and sitting on the couch watching "Chopped" is the only thing on the agenda.  So this calls for leftovers!

First up, Caprese skewers....

I used some leftover grape tomatoes, basil from our garden and little cubes of are our favorite block of cheese - drunken goat cheese - that we have been cherishing.


Next up, Stuffed Peppers:

I filled two halves of a yellow pepper with leftover paella, covered them in foil and baked them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Then I removed the foil and let cook for another 5 minutes.  I snipped some fresh chives from our little window box "garden" and sprinkled it on top.  It was good, the only thing that I noticed and I will do differently next time, is season the pepper.  Some s&p would've added so much more flavor and maybe even a splash of evoo rubbed in the inside cavity and then sprinkled with s&p?

 
Happy Friday!! I wish you a very happy, holiday weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment