Thursday, September 20, 2012

Favorite go-to meal

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I was in too much of a hurry to eat one of my favorite go-to meals. 
This can be made in a variety of different ways, but basically the gist of it is:

Boil spaghetti noodles; while the noodles are cooking, saute onion (or shallot) and garlic in a mixture of evoo and butter and cook until the onions are translucent, then add a carton of grape tomatoes.  Add about 1/4 cup of white wine (or vegetable stock) and let simmer until tomatoes pop.  I usually squish them in the pan a bit with the back of a spoon to help them along.  Season with s&p and any other of your favorite Italian seasonings.
Once the noodles are done, add to the pan with the tomatoes, drizzle a little extra evoo over the top and mix.  Top with shredded parmesan (or asiago).  Serve!

I vary this up by adding other veggies to it if I have some left over; I added swiss chard the last time I made it to amp up the nutrients - I just added the chard to the pan after the tomatoes had popped and let wilt.

This is so easy, yet very satisfying - at least in my book!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment