Friday, September 28, 2012

Thankful

Yesterday was a day full of ups and downs.  I had the privilege of being on the outside, looking in on a few lives.  I observed life and it's rollercoaster.  I think the overriding factor in all of the different situations is love.  We are creatures of God's making and we are filled with so much love.  We feel pain because we love so much.  When a friend is hurting, we hurt for them... when we lose a loved one, we feel the loss and when we experience the highs in life, we feel our hearts brimming with this love. 
I think the two things that I learned the most are, to be thankful for all the blessings in my life and how special, loving and compassionate my friends and family are.  God has truly surrounded my life with the kindest and most caring individuals.  I believe that God has filled my heart with love and joy and that these souls who I am connected to, refill this love and joy. 
My mother lost a friend yesterday... a furry daughter.  Her basset hound of 12 years passed away.  We are thankful that for all of those years, we were all able to love her as she loved us.  She brought joy to our lives and smiles to our hearts.  She will be missed. 
My sisters learned of a friend's loss yesterday... a tragedy that never should have happened occurred.  I don't understand why and how evil exists and it's incredibly upsetting when it touches your life.  All I know is that God and His love and protection are greater than this. 
One of my best friends learned that the baby she is carrying is a boy!  Love is brimming over the edge.  While I recognize the losses in this world, I am also reminded of the new life that is beginning. 
When I think of my mother, my sisters, my friend, all I see are bright spots in my life. 
JD told me last night that in darkness, all it takes to overcome this darkness is a single candlelight.
I am thankful that these persons in my life are my candle lights.  And they are burning so bright.
My thoughts, my prayers and my love go out to you... I feel your joy and your pain. 
My song of the day goes out to these loved ones... Sidewalk Prophets, The Words I Would Say

No comments:

Post a Comment