Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy, happy, joy, joy

Moment of beauty - make that momentS and really, they are moments of beauty and pure excitement!

In an effort to cut back on calories (hel-lo Starbucks daily splurge of 250 calories), I want to make coffee at home.  Unfortunately our coffee maker broke, so I figured I'd have to make a visit to Bed, Bath and Beyond, or at least Walmart (curses!) to buy a new machine, or maybe even better yet, a french press?
While shopping this afternoon at Publix, I decided to take a chance and see if they had anything down the coffee aisle?
For $7, yes friends, $7, I found a "coffee press" (I guess I can't call it a "french" press... you probably need to at least have double digits in the price to call it that).  Not only did I not have to spend a lot of money (I thought for sure I'd have to spend at least $30 and after our splurges this weekend, I knew now was not a good time for extra purchases), but I also didn't have to make a special stop in my search!  And we all know how much I love shopping.... ;)
Now let's just hope it works as well as I'm hoping it will!!

Next beauty moment?  Oh yes, it does get better than a $7 coffee press.......

FINALLY!!!  Vegetarianism has become mainstream!  Lean Cuisine has a new line of frozen meals, called "Veggie Cuisine" made just for vegetarians!  Our store has 3 different kinds so far and the first one (the enchilada) was very good! 
Continuing in the same vein, I am trying to limit my calorie intake and have found that the easiest way to do this for lunch is to buy lowfat frozen meals.  Bringing leftovers is definitely better than getting take-out, but I usually make dinners that have more calories that I really should be consuming at lunch and there's really only so much Subway I can eat.....
While shopping for vegetarian low-fat frozen meals, I end up with a lot of pasta.  Oh there are a lot of different kinds... cheese ravioli, vegetable lasagna, angel hair pomodoro, etc. etc., but it's all pasta.  BO-RING.  And not only that, but I'm usually looking (and hoping) for something with more protein.  These new meals are using Gardein meat alternatives, or as I like to call it, "faux meat".
I know that there is some concern with soy protein, but as long as I'm only consuming it once a day, I'm not really going to worry myself about it.  Besides, I'm probably more likely to get cancer from my cell phone than from a little tempeh or tofu.
It's sad and probably pathetic, but I am seriously SO excited about my two finds!!!  :)
What do you eat for lunch to keep "on track" with a healthy diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment