Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy 36th Anniversary!!

This weekend was Greek inspired. Friday night we tried a new Greek restaurant, Acropolis in St. Pete. The food was delicious, the setting fun and exuberant and best of all - they have an awesome happy hour! All drinks, including all top shelf is 2 for 1 until 7 pm and after that (all day, every day) sangria and margaritas are 2 for 1.
We split the falafel
a tomato, basil and goat cheese salad and a piece of the most decadent chocolate cake. Amazing!! We highly recommend and will be returning soon!
Saturday night we went to Jd's parent's house to celebrate mom and dad D.'s 36th anniversary. We celebrated with... You guessed it, Greek food!
I made an antipasto platter - one for the carnivores and one for, well, me, haha. I stuffed peppadew peppers (my favorite!) with goat cheese. Very simple, but satisfying. It was sweet, tangy, creamy and just a little bit spicy.
DG made a lovely Greek salad a d some buttery cous cous.
We also grilled some chicken kabobs and veggie kabobs to go with homemade tzatziki sauce I made.
I love pita and a few years ago, I helped my sister, E, make some on a cast iron skillet. Delicious!!
Unfortunately since then, I haven't had the courage to try it on my own... I seem to have very little patience and skill when it comes to any kind of bread making.
Knowing this, I made a little trip to the Greek restaurant on the water by our house and bought some of their wonderful pita!! Yum!!
Everyone seemed to really like the kabobs and tzatziki - here's the recipe (I subbed lamb for ground chicken).
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/lamb-kabobs-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe/index.html
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of my beauty moment yesterday, but there was a moment last night when I felt complete joy and happiness... We were sitting at the patio table, surrounded by my adoptive family and there was laughter in the air and so much love, it was palpable.
I may not have a physical picture, but in my mind's eye, it is beautiful.
Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment